Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Q#1 What are your first impressions with the social science perspective on industrial Ecology ? and how do they relate with the earlier experiences with social sciences?




My first impressions, well… First off; I had an  absolute scientific background, during my undergraduate studies (Biology) ….so I consider the first meeting as the ''ultimate social science debut'' !!!! . I find it extremely appealing to get to learn about some social aspects  of sustainable development, however, I am still, uncertain if I could clearly grasp and distinguish between the social concepts like theory and assumption. 
To me , I think about social science as :
  1.  A ''guideline- maker''  to how ''we''; that is every single member of the techno sphere should behave in order to attain sustainability in our societies on both, a national and international levels.
  2.  In addition to developing theories, based on observations and conclusions regarding a certain phenomenon; justifying reasons of certain behaviors in a given society.

No comments:

Post a Comment